A PUBLIC POLICY CENTER - The Center for People Empowerment in Governance (CenPEG) is a public policy center founded shortly before the may 2004 elections to -
CenPEG STANDS FOR: A Pro-People Governance - A governance that is pro-people and democratic, where the poor are empowered and are the real source of sovereign authority; are active leaders and actors in society and government.
MISSION: The People as Policy - and Decesion-Makers
- To bring the hitherto marginalized sectors into active participation in decision and policy making in government especially on issues and programs affecting their rights and well-being
- To put the people's agenda promoting the democratic rights and interests of marginal sectors at the core of government policies and programs.
Policy Study, Publication, and Advocacy (PSPA)
- Research and policy study;
- Issue analyses, political briefing papers, and policy proposals for Congress and other policy-making groups;
- Conferences, round-table discussions, seminars, workshops, and other forums; and
- Citizens' alliances and networks
Education and Training (EDTRA)
- To increase the awareness and capabilities of marginalized people, their organizations, as well as local government units (LGUs) in democratic governance;
- Training of facilitators and trainers on CenPEG's various concerns to promote political and electoral reforms.
- Election watch - "Bantay Balota" and Poll Watch;
- Dapat Tapat - A movement against corruption;
- Volunteers Integration Program (VIP) - A yearly summer practical learning and exposure program for university students; with academic credits.
RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMS
- Political analysts; public policy experts; scholars in culture, arts, history, and sciences; leaders from people's organizations; and academic scholars
PUBLIC & MEDIA ADVOCACY
- Online publications: www.cenpeg.org and www.eu-cenpeg.com
- Political analysis for the Philippine and foreign press
VOLUNTEERS INTEGRATION PROGRAM (VIP)
- VIP is a yearly summer practical learning and exposure program on youth leadership, political and electoral education, governance, and grassroots empowerment; with college academic credits.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Temario Rivera, PhD, Chair
- Prof. Roland Simbulan, Vice-Chair
- Ms. Evi-ta Jimenez (Executive Director)
- Bienvenido Lumbera
- Dr. Ed Clemente
- Bishop Gabriel Garol
- Felix Muga II, PhD
- Dean Luis V. Teodoro
- Prof. Bobby Tuazon
- Atty. Cleto Villacorta